Thursday, June 10, 2010

Miaya's Birthday


We have always thought there was a divine intervention when we were able to have Miaya in our family. But when we found out when her birthday was, we knew someone had a hand in this. She was born 100 years after my Grandpa Bailey. She was also born on the same day as her cousin Dwight...(wish they could celebrate together) I wish Grandpa knew her....my grandparents have always been special to me. I still have memories come back to me when I smell Lava soap. I remember helping grandma Iris pack grandpa's lunchbox...thought that was so cool to have a lunchbox....we never carried our lunch to school...so didn't have that experience. He would come in for an afternoon cup of coffee and I'd sit at the table and eat a snack with him...boy do I miss him. I was at their place shortly after my 16th birthday and he came over and said "hhhmmm 16 and never been kissed....and gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek."  I know he sent Miaya to us.I believe all the loved ones I have lost have given special gifts to my daughter. I think the singing came from Grandma Bailey...she always sang with me... I think Grandpa Charlie gave her the love of animals...especially kitties! I think Grandma McCarty gave her the love of cooking..she is always wanting to help mama...I can still remember putting up hundreds of pie crust while standing right beside her. Thank you grandmas and grandpas....but which one of you gave her the "attitude"! I have a bone to pick with you! :)

Anyway, Miaya had a great time opening gifts and all the wonderful people who came to celebrate our little ones special day. Thanks to all!

Kim

No comments: