Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

I really don't remember my first day of school, in fact I really don't have too many memories of grade school. I do remember when my mother would bring my treats, which always consisted of Cracker Jacks and cupcakes. She would go around to each child and write their names on the cupcakes! She also brought our baby kittens in one time with bows around their necks. Sweet memories...obviously I had some memories, and I hope that I can do the same with Miaya.
Miaya started the day with a nasty cold, but she kept on going. In fact she had a huge sneeze after the picture of her in front of the front door... and you know what came out everywhere. I'm so glad my husband carries paper towels around everywhere! The first picture is of her in the bedroom getting ready. I promise she is really Chinese, I don't pull her hair so tight it makes her eyes that way! She was a little tender headed this morning....but  she got through it. I really love my expression....looks like I just had big bite of lemon....but I was actually singing to her....nice shot Michael! Notice she had to ride to the beauty parlor on her tricycle.









Miaya and her backpack ready to go!
She has her own Kai Lan backpack which she is very protective of. She use to have a panda backpack, but she says that's for babies now. She is growing up...too fast for mama.

















I just love this picture....can you feel the excitement!















She was a bit shy and cried a little when Daddy left, but she felt better after she had breakfast
.

The report from her teacher, was that she did real well. She's a smart cookie, she knows her alphabet...can identify little and big letters both, counts real well....especially when I give her m & ms. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: