Thursday, August 05, 2010

My Best Friend

Zia and Miaya running on the beach at Clinton Lake!

When Miaya and I got home after picking her up from daycare, I was hot and sweaty from working on a bad section of fence.  After getting us both cold drinks and lemon cookies, I looked at Zia/Sophie's blog so Miaya could see some of their pictures of our visit.  She took one look at this picture and said "That's Zia, my best friend buddy!"

She was disappointed (!!!) when we parted with the Hisle's in Shawnee, Kansas, and for several days any time we got in the car, it was "Go see Zia?".  Yesterday, Miaya and I went to Villisca to do some business at the bank, and after getting a couple donuts and a pork fritter sandwich the size of a manhole cover at Casey's, we took the "scenic route" home on the gravel roads and shared our sandwich as we cruised along.  After a couple of twists and hills in the road, Miaya asked "Go Zia's house?"  "Well, yes the road does look rather like the road to Zia's, but not today".

Michael

No comments: